

My mother is the best person I know. She made our houses, homes. While often times they were not immaculately clean, they were full of love (and a little clutter). She put aside having the newest fashions or driving the best cars so that her children could have all that we needed and most of what we wanted. She taught us how to laugh and play. She taught us how to grow up and move away (and she let us do both). Growing up I do not remember anyone matching her in patience, love, and understanding.
My mother is my very best friend. Although I live so far from her there isn't a day that goes by when I'm dealing with my own children, that I don't think, "Is this what my mother would have done?" I call her often, sometimes just to ask if you can freeze bread.
My mother is my role model, and I hope someday I will have done enough to be Max and Lola's role model.

1 comment:
This was a sweet post. I agree about your mom...my aunt Kari is amazing!
Post a Comment