Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The FIT!


Have you ever been a victim of "the fit?"

Maybe you have...maybe you haven't...

It's this strange group of events that align themselves just so, causing your otherwise PERFECT crazies to become, well how do I put this...DEVILS.

The events unfolded in such a perfect array that the only possible outcome could be an all out BLOW UP. Lola has a cold, or allergies, I think it is allergies, but really how is a mom to know? So she's been a bit grumpy. Max, however, has no excuse. I picked Max up from preschool and wanted to rush to Target to get some allergy medicine for Lola.

First mistake, can you ever really rush Target?

Both kids needed lunch, did this stop me. NO, second mistake.

Third mistake, a rookie mistake, the toy aisle. Why I even let the cart drift in the direction of the toy aisle is beyond me. I know better, I am a mother of two, and believe me, this is hardly my first target trip.

Here is how it all unfolds, the dirty truth of it all. Max wants some silly toy, Lola wants a Barbie (when did my baby start wanting Barbie dolls), I say no, I say no again, I say no again. I pick both kids up, put them back in the cart, jog to the check out. Both kids are screaming, not whining but SCREAMING. I pay, I laugh because either I laugh or cry at this point. Max sits down right by the exit door, Lola joins him in protest. I pick them both up (one after another) put them back in the cart, run out the door, to the car. I am sweating at this point. I calmly buckle them in their car seats, shut the door and stand outside my SUV vowing to NEVER, EVER, EVER go to Target with the kids again. That is a vow I will break, probably tomorrow.

Have you ever been a victim of that? Because really, my crazies are angels...well, most of the time.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Awww...so nice to know I'm not alone! I went to Target today as a matter of fact. I've found that although I like to avoid bribery as much as possible, I do make an exception for a Target run and promised them something out of the $1 bins if they are good. Thank you for the comic relief! :)